Friday, December 12, 2008

NBX G.P. of Cross Verge NECCS Race #9 Ken S



I am going to stop right there.  Her racing age is 67 (sorry Julie), she has raced over 30 races this year and 23 were cross races.  When I ride or race I think of people like her and I want you to as well.  It shows me that with dedication I can be there too.

Race Report,

I had my best results to date, 24th (66 starters).  I won my sprint and I was about 70 seconds off 10th place.  I was feeling really rested as I didn't get to race saturday.  It was more worried about getting around the course and staying up than being super fit and fast.  I took a little fall around a corner but got up without loosing my place.  This was the first true cross race for me this year and my last in New England.  I will be moving to LA in about 10 days.  I love cross and how difficult and fun it is.  What I love about cross in New England is the people, competition (sandbaggers) and the unpredictable weather.  When I try to explain cross to someone typically their response is "really??!!"  Racing when it's warm and dry isn't really cyclocross to me, I am going to have to get used to that in sunny CA.  I was so excited to finish off this year in Rhode Island at one of my favorite races in the snow with my good friends!  After the race I took out my camera and shot some more.  It was a very different race today.  One of the highlights of my day was seeing this email from my teammate Mark Z, check the time stamp!



4 comments:

  1. Hey - I don't need to defend myself after a long night of gambling at Foxwoods. I came out ahead and that's all that matters....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to give a plug to your camera!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is that a screen shot or a nicely cropped photo of the iPhone?

    ReplyDelete
  4. iPhone screen shot, easy, hold 2 buttons.

    ReplyDelete