Wednesday, December 10, 2008

NBX G.P. of Cross Verge NECCS Race #8 - Ken S


Ok, this is my first post and I don't have a lot to say about this race.  I was late, about 10 minutes late to get my number.  I pre-registered thanks to the helpful folks at Bike-Reg.com.  They had my number, I drove 70 miles to get there.  I was doing both days.  

She said NO! 

 I was super pissed, I am not going to lie to you.  I don't want to tarnish the good name of WLB. I asked her a few times to let me race.  Come on, it wasn't like I was going to win!  Dan has worked way too hard for this club, he is the only one getting decent results.  I didn't need to make a stink or race with no number.  I rode back to the car, took off my kit and then started answering to folks asking me when I was going to race.  My answers varied from "tomorrow" to the freaking Bi#$& didn't let me race.... I was LATE!  Those are the rules.  LAME!  Anyway I decided to turn my frown upside down and deciede to take photos of my friends.  I never do it,  I don't have the gear that I want to do the best possible job.  I love to shoot but I am in race mode and I have been working enough monday-friday I want a break from shooting.  I am very happy to get some great images of my friends.  One of these days I will pass out my camera so I can get a photo of me!  I will post Day 2 later.  


3 comments:

  1. I know a guy who had the same problem and ended up racing 2/3 men, you could try that next time instead of not racing at all...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I might work... ... except that he is only a cat 4! He was trying to race the Masters 3/4 race which was after the cat 4 race, so that would not have worked either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Doh!

    Shoulda brought a wig for the 3/4 women's race I guess...

    ReplyDelete